How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Most Ocala dealerships will buy your current vehicle through a buyback program or when you visit to purchase a new Cadillac vehicle. Doing this allows you to save money on your next vehicle, or you can take the offer without even getting another vehicle. No matter what you choose, we’re helping car shoppers with the selling process so they know what to expect when they visit us.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Selling your car to our dealership near The Villages is an easy and stress-free process:
- Clean Up Your Car: Having your car washed, detailed, and replacing small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats can help increase your vehicle’s value before bringing it to the dealership.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Having a detailed history of your vehicle’s maintenance record, a list of its additional features, and its accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts increases its value and makes it more appealing to dealerships.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Having your vehicle’s title ready helps make things move a little faster with your offer.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Using tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or trade-in value helps you estimate your vehicle’s value. You can use this estimate to negotiate your price or to have an idea of what the dealership is willing to pay for your car.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: Do you have a newer, gently used vehicle? Most Gainesville dealerships will purchase it no matter their inventory or the vehicle’s condition. However, if you have an older model car, consider selling it to a used car dealership instead.
What to Expect When Selling Your Vehicle
After preparing your car for sale, below is a look at how the rest of the process will go:
- Make an Appointment: While most dealerships allow walk-ins, schedule an appointment so the dealer knows you’re coming and has the proper documents ready to go.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealers will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to take care of the sale. They’ll take your information and run a vehicle history report on your vehicle.
- Inspection: Either the Used Car Manager or a technician at the service center inspect the vehicle’s quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on the offer provided, you can accept the offer or go to another dealership for a better deal.
What Are the Benefits of Selling Your Car?
There are numerous benefits of selling your vehicle to our dealership:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Avoid having to sell your vehicle privately. You won’t have to worry about listing your car online, dealing with no-shows, and inviting strangers to your Lady Lake home to see and test drive the vehicle.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Using your vehicle as a trade-in allows you to use the money to go towards your new car to offset the price of your new vehicle and lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade in your current vehicle and buy another vehicle from Sullivan Cadillac, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new Cadillac vehicle.
Sell Your Car to Sullivan Cadillac!
At Sullivan Cadillac, we work hard to ensure your visit with us is stress- and hassle-free. We’ll make the trade-in process go smoothly and help you find the new Cadillac vehicle that’s better suited for your everyday needs. Contact us if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
More from Sullivan Cadillac
If you’re looking for a luxury SUV to drive around The Villages, then consider the 2023 Cadillac XT5! Inside the 2023 Cadillac XT5 is a plethora of technology, convenience features and space for you and your passengers to enjoy. After you learn about the XT5 interior, we’ll be waiting at Sullivan Cadillac to help you with…
Despite its powerful engine options, the new Cadillac XT6 delivers impressive gas mileage across the board. You’ll get all of the benefits of a luxurious Cadillac SUV, plus the freedom to commute around The Villages and Lady Lake without constantly stressing about stopping for fuel. So, how many miles per gallon does the 2023 Cadillac XT6…
Considering a new Cadillac SUV for your daily drives through The Villages? If you want the capability of an SUV, commute-friendly efficiency, and the amenities of a leading luxury brand like Cadillac, then read on—the 2023 XT4 compact SUV could be a great fit! The 2023 Cadillac XT4 gas mileage reaches 23 MPG in the…